The winner was awarded a Samsung Galaxy Note5 + Samsung Gear S2 ($1,100 value)
Each winner was awarded a Samsung Galaxy S6 edge + Samsung Gear S2 ($1,000 value)
Each winner was awarded a Samsung Gear S2 ($300 value)
Good news! We decided to extend the contest due to our community requests. You now have until March 18th to complete your projects. Good luck!
There are countless devices that we use and love on a daily basis. And with these devices come just as many cables, dongles and plugs. Wouldn’t it be nice to figure out inventive ways to simplify power?
Introducing our latest innovation contest: Power Without Boundaries.
We've partnered with IDT and Digi-Key to explore what the future holds for inductive power. Show us what you can build, and we will give you the world's best inductive power developer kit from IDT, as well as awesome prizes to boot. The IDT Kits you will be building with are the P9038-R-EVK – Qi 5W Transmitter Prototype Kit and the P9025AC-R-EVK – Qi 5W Receiver Prototype Kit P9025AC-R-EVK – Qi 5W Receiver Prototype Kit. Read more about these powerful kits here.
Joining this cordless contest is super easy:
- Phase I: Register your name with this challenge page
- Phase II: Pitch your Power Without Boundaries idea, win 1 of 30 IDT kits
- Phase III: Build your project using IDT and Dig-Key's Scheme-it
Pretty awesome, right? Now let's go build the future of wireless power!
Phase I: Register your name.
Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign in if you're already a member), and register for the contest by clicking "Register as a participant". Then, create a free account with Digi-Key to access Scheme-it.
Phase II: Submit your project idea and enter to win free IDT Kits
- Click "Submit your idea" and fill in the template.
- Share the hardware and software you will be using, and add a high-quality cover image.
- We will select the top 30 entrants based on idea originality and build-ability.
Phase III: After you received your free IDT kits, submit your finished project
- Click "Submit your project" and fill in the template.
- Draw your concepts out using Scheme-it in Block, System or Schematic form
- Leverage existing IDT Wireless Power Designs in Schematic or Symbol form:
Once your design is completed in Scheme-it, make sure you SAVE & SHARE it:
- In Scheme-it, save your project
- Click on Share
- Make your project PUBLIC
- Copy your share link so you can paste it into your project submission on Hackster.io
- Go back to Hackster.io and click "Submit your idea" and fill in the template.
- Share your Scheme-it link in your project submission on Hackster.io
Click "Submit an entry" and fill in the template:
- Describe your design that will inspire a new generation of wireless charging products
- Include plenty of details: What are you creating? What does it do? Provide rich technical information.
- Your final project must consist of the following: Scheme-it Link, quality images, clear instructions, BOM and any applicable source code. Extra credit is offered if you submit a Gerber file from PCBWeb.
Other useful resources:
Are You an Overachiever?
Do you feel the need to express your project in layout or create a PCB? If so use the free PCBweb (www.pcbweb.com) design tool and leverage IDT wireless power templates to help take your project to the next level. Share your Gerber files when submitting your entry as extra credit (+10 points). Here are the CAD files for the charger and the receivers in PCBWeb.
Go Ahead, Make Nikola Proud!
January 8, 2016 at 4:38PM PT
March 18, 2016 at 4:38PM PT
Winners announced by
March, 25 2016